Radon Mitigation in Allentown
GET A RADON MITIGATION SYSTEM QUOTE IN MINUTES610-865-2341
PROUDLY SERVING ALLENTOWN
Get a radon remediation quote online
AVAILABLE: Radon Technician Nearby
What is radon?
Radon is a naturally occurring, radioactive gas that escapes when uranium in the soil decays. Radon becomes concentrated in a home, school or workplace as it seeps through cracks in the foundation or other natural openings in a structure.
At SWAT Environmental, we are dedicated to protecting families in and around Allentown from radon exposure. Through our radon remediation process, our radon mitigation technicians have installed radon mitigation systems that reduce radon gas and make the air you breathe safer.
Radon in Allentown:
Any home in the Allentown area is at risk for elevated radon levels. Radon testing is the only way to know if your home has harmful radon levels.
According to the Department of Environmental Protection‘s and the City of Allentown‘s radon gas initiative:
• In the Allentown area, indoor radon levels can range from 0.1 pCi/L to well over 200 pCi/L
• Approximately 40% of homes across Pennsylvania homes have elevated radon levels.
• Allentown is designated a radon gas Zone 1 by the EPA, having average radon levels of 4.0 pCi/L or higher.
• Radon gas causes over 20,000 radon-related death each year.
• The Surgeon General has warned that radon gas exposure is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States.