Radon Mitigation in Worcester
GET A RADON MITIGATION SYSTEM QUOTE IN MINUTES508-587-0006
PROUDLY SERVING WORCESTER
Get a radon remediation quote online
AVAILABLE: Radon Technician Nearby
What is radon?
Radon is a naturally occurring, radioactive gas that escapes when uranium in the soil decays. Radon becomes concentrated in a home, school or workplace as it seeps through cracks in the foundation or other natural openings in a structure.
Any home in the Worcester area is at risk for elevated radon levels. Radon testing is the only way to know if your home has harmful radon levels.
At SWAT Environmental, we are dedicated to protecting families in Worcester from radon exposure. Through our radon remediation process, our radon mitigation technicians have installed radon mitigation systems that reduce radon gas and make the air you breathe safer.
Radon in Worcester:
According to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts radon gas initiative:
• The EPA estimates that 628 radon-related lung cancers occur annually across Massachusetts, including Worcester.
• It is estimated that 650,000 homes throughout Massachusetts have radon levels that exceed the EPA action guideline of 4 pCi/L.
• Worcester is designated a radon gas Zone 1 by the EPA, having average radon levels of 4.0 pCi/L or higher.
• Radon gas causes over 20,000 radon-related death each year.
• The Surgeon General has warned that radon gas exposure is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States.