Radon Mitigation in Cambridge
GET A RADON MITIGATION SYSTEM QUOTE IN MINUTES617-248-3975
PROUDLY SERVING CAMBRIDGE
Get a radon remediation quote online
AVAILABLE: Radon Technician Nearby
What is radon?
Radon is a naturally occurring, radioactive gas that escapes when uranium in the soil decays. Radon becomes concentrated in a home, school or workplace as it seeps through cracks in the foundation or other natural openings in a structure.
At SWAT Environmental, we are dedicated to protecting families in Cambridge from radon exposure. Through our radon remediation process, our radon mitigation technicians have installed radon mitigation systems that reduce radon gas and make the air you breathe safer.
Radon in Cambridge:
Any home in the Cambridge area is at risk for elevated radon levels. Radon testing is the only way to know if your home has harmful radon levels.
According to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts radon gas initiative:
• The average radon level in Cambridge is 5.0 pCi/L.
• It is estimated that 650,000 homes throughout Massachusetts, including the Cambridge area have radon levels that exceed the EPA action guideline of 4.0 pCi/L.
• Cambridge is designated a radon gas Zone 1 by the EPA, having average radon levels of 4.0 pCi/L or higher.
• Radon gas causes over 20,000 radon-related death each year.
• The Surgeon General has warned that radon gas exposure is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States.